Christmas is right around the corner! Are you ready? The commercialism of Christmas can make the holidays almost ridiculously stressful. Sometimes it pays to just take a few steps back, draw in a deep breath and remember the reason for the season. If you’re really looking for a way to celebrate the season in style, why not do it with today’s hottest christian mysticism churches gifts?
Before you go shopping, sit down and make a list of who you’re shopping for. Not only does this make sure you’re never left scrambling to find a gift for someone you forgot, but it also helps you start your shopping with their personality in mind. No two people are the same, and to truly make this holiday memorable it’s important to buy with the person in mind-not the other way around!
Keeping that in mind, here are the top ten Christian gifts flying off the store shelves for this holiday season:
1) A Bible. Is there anything more precious you can give than the word of God? Giving someone their first Bible is a big moment in their lives. So is giving them a Children’s Bible, a Bilingual Bible or a Study Bible that will help them understand what they’re reading.
2) A Worship CD. There are hundreds of scientific explanations for the reason that music lifts up the soul, but many believe there’s no moment when you’re closer to God than when your voice is raised in song. Buying someone a worship CD (with their taste in music in mind-there are some great rock and Celtic Christian bands out there) will rarely disappoint, and it gives you a great opportunity to watch their faith grow. After all, what goes in comes out, right?
3) Books by Christian Authors. Books have been on the top 10 list of Christian gifts for years, with authors like Janette Oke, Catherine Marshall and Amber Stockton delighting generations of readers.
4) Audio books and/or an Audio book Club Subscription. Just because you don’t have time to sit down and read doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have the chance to enjoy a great story from today’s top Christian authors. Picking up an audio book or an audio book club subscription is a great way to share the joys of Christian literature with someone you love this Christmas.
5) Christian Videos. Is there anyone out there that hasn’t picked up a Veggie Tales video or two when they were out shopping for Christian gifts? Christian videos are a great way to blend fabulous entertainment and a deep, personal relationship with God. “Fireproof” has been topping the charts in Christian videos and DVDs this year.
6) A Magazine Subscription-Magazine subscriptions are a great way to stay on top of what’s happening in the Christian community, making it a great Christian gift for someone close to you this Christmas. “Christianity Today” and “Guideposts” are today’s most popular Christian publications.
7) Concert Tickets-The chance to see The Newsboys or Casting Crowns in person. No further explanation needed.
8) Christian Clothing-This is one of every Christian’s favorites when it comes to Christian gifts, because it gives them a chance not only to walk it and talk it but to wear it too! Witness wear is available almost everywhere in today’s shops, from online Christian stores and distributors to your local Wal-Mart.
9) Gift Certificates-Whoever said giving out gift certificates was cheating obviously never had to shop for the person who had everything! Seriously though, when none of your other ideas for Christian gifts seem quite right giving them a gift certificate to your local Christian bookstore might be just what the doctor ordered.
10) Time-The most precious gift you can give anyone in the hullabaloo of the Christmas season is time. Reach out and touch a family in need. Love, faith and understanding are truly the best Christian gifts on the market.